صورۃ الأندلس فی رحلتي الدکتور حُسین مؤنس
Picture of Spain in the Travelogue of Dr. Hussain Mounis
Keywords:Travelogue, Andulas, Hussain Mounis
This research paper aims to scrutinize the image of Spain in the light of the travelogue of Dr. Husain Mounis, in which he portraits the biographical aspects of Spain. It is all about beautiful landscapes, historical buildings, grand mosques, beautiful cities, culture, customs, and traditions of the people in a very unique and fascinating manner. Travelogue is an important part of literature in any of the world languages. All the nations are fond of Traveling and Journey since ancient times. The journey has gained special importance in Islamic literature and many scholars have been known to be adventurous travelers in different periods of time. Dr. Hussain Mounis is also one of them. He looks at the situation anywhere from a different perspective, making his travel journey different from the other and portraits the beautiful Picture of Andulas. This paper consists of a preface, two chapters and a conclusion. In the introduction, an importance of travelogue has been given. In the 1st chapter gives brief introduction of Dr. Hussain Mounis and his contributions in the field of Arabic language. The 2nd chapter explains the portrait of Andulas.
Al-Rehlat, Dr. Shawky Dhaif, Dar Al-Maarif, Cairo Corniche, 4th edition,1987 AD, pg.7.
- Diwan al-Imam al-Shafi’i, Imam al-Shafi’i Muhammad ibn Idris, compiled and verified by Emil Badi’ Yaqoub, Dar al-Kitab al-Arabi, Beirut, 3rd Edition, 1999 AD, pg.55..
- Diwan al-Imam al-Shafi’i, pg. 159
- Lexicon of Language Measures, Abi al-Hasan Ahmad bin Faris Zakaria, investigation and control, Abdul Salam Harun, 2nd Edition, Dar al-Fikr Syria, 1979 AD, pg. 497.
- Al-Qamous al-Muhit, Majdal al-Din Muhammad bin Yaqoub al-Fayrouzabadi, investigation, Heritage Office In Al-Resala Foundation, Al-Resala Foundation, Lebanon. 8th Edition, pg.1005.
- The Journey in Arabic Literature, Shoaib Halifi, General Authority for Culture Pictures, Cairo, 1st Edition, 2000 AD, pg. 42.
- A Dictionary of Literature Terms, Majdi Wahba, Library of Lebanon, Beirut,1974 AD, pg. 165.
- Life in the eighth century AH as envisioned by the journey of Ibn Battuta, Ahmed Amin Mustafa, Al-Saada Press, Ahmed Maher - Cairo, pg. 7.
- The National Encyclopedia of Prominent Egyptian Personalities, issued by the Egyptian State Information Service, 1st Edition, Cairo, 1989 AD.
- Mahmoud Ali Makki - The Traveler of Dr. Hussein Moanis - Al-Hilal Magazine, 5th Edition, Cairo - 1996 AD.
- Mona Hussain Mounis, In the House of Hussain Mounis , Dar Al-Maarif, Cairo - 1997 AD, pg. 86.
- The Image of the Other in the Andalusian Travel Literature, Dr. Bilal Salem Al-Harout, under the supervision of: Prof. Dr. Fayez Al-Qaisi, Mutah University, Jordan, 2008 AD, pg. 10.
- Nafah al-Tayyib min Ghosn al-Andalus al-Ratib, al-Maqri, Ahmed bin Muhammad, edited by Muhammad Mohi al-Din Abd al-Hamid, Al-Sa`ada Press, Egypt 1949 AD, pg 131.
- Andalusian literature from the conquest to the fall of the caliphate, Heikal, Ahmed Maqsoud, tenth edition, Dar Al-Maaref, Cairo, 1986 AD, and Nafah Al-Tayyib, 1st Edition , pg 130-141.
- Nafah al-Tayyib from the moist branch of al-Andalus, vol. 1, pg 130.
- Andalusian literature, pg. 15.
- Al-Sindisiyah in Al-Akhbar and Al-Athar Al-Andalus, Shakib Arslan, Al-Amir, Part One, Al-Rahmaniya Press, Egypt, 1936 AD, pg. 70.
- Nafah Al-Tayyib, Part-1, pg. 130.
- Al-Halal Al-Sindisiyah in Andalusian News and Antiquities, Part 1, pg. 70
- Al-Amin Al-Rayhani, Al-Maghrib Al-Aqsa, Dar Al-Ma’arif, Egypt, 1952 AD, pg. 439
- The Journey of Andalusia, Muhammad Labib Al-Batnouni, Dar Al-Hindawi Foundation for Education and Culture, Cairo, Egypt, 2012 AD, p. 11.
- The Journey of Andalusia, the hadeeth of the Promised Paradise, Dr. Hussain Mu'nis, The Saudi House for Publishing and Distribution, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 1985 AD, pg. 68.
- Andalusian literature, p. 14.
- Nafah Al-Tayyib, V-1, p. 125, and Al-Bakri, Abu Ubaid, Geography of Andalusia and Europe, investigation by Dr. Abdul Rahman Ali, pg. 70.
- Nature in Andalusian Poetry, Dr. Jawdat Al-Rikabi, Damascus University Press, 1959, p. 14.
- Nafah Al-Tayyib, Part-1, p. 125.
- The Journey of Al-Andalus, Hadith of the Promised Paradise, pg. 13
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Al-Qamar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.